Wednesday, March 30, 2011

3 Rings Comic Process: Panel MockUp



Learning and Troubleshooting

I think everything is a process, and learning the process is the hardest part.
I made the Comic to learn the whole Comic Making process.

Some of the things I learned were:

Story Process and Phases
Character Designing
Working in the Comic Format
Making Backgrounds in WaterColor
Inking
Lettering

I Learned a lot in the making of the comic, and now I have a better idea about how to improve the process which leads to Troubleshooting.

Troubleshooting.

So you can't change the past but I can make improvements for future comics.

Difficulties:

Time (not enough of it)
Over estimated my ability
I hobbled everything together
I was wasteful.
time issues
little time for quality check, adjustments and corrections

The biggest issue is Time. I did not know how long making a comic would be. It took me over one year (1 year and 3 months) to make a 18 page comic. It seemed that everything took at least 3 times as long to do. Now some of that was my inexperience, I also overestimated my own abilities to a great extent.

Solutions

Make a Dummy Comic for every phase from Thumbnail to Final. Work out everything by making a dummy comic as close to the actual comic, including panel placement, lettering, character placement from the very beginning.

The biggest solution is to give yourself enough time( this is huge).

So this is what I learned from my first comic, and now on to the 2nd Ring.

Trey

No comments: