Sunday, February 11, 2007

Duel of like, Love

The post for today is a blend of some of the things I love, Manga and Japanese woodblock prints. I am a big fan of "The Duel at Horyukaku" by Tsukioka Yoshitoshi; and Masashi Kishimoto's manga series Naruto. Yoshitoshi's colors and compositions are amazing. I'm still looking for an art book on this master of japanese print. While, Kishimoto's manga series Naruto is one of the best in story and characters. So this idea of the blend had been on my mind for years so finally I go to it, and it was a blast.


3 comments:

Matthew Long said...

Hey Trey, nice to see you working in color again, and nice take on a classical work. I like the inclusion of the nine tail fox on the panel of the building, cool detail. Your control of the medium seems to be improving too. So is that where John Woo got the idea to include doves in his action sequences?

chia said...

chidori!

Miyuki Kanno Long said...

The watercolor is very beautiful! Great job, Trey!