Sunday, September 24, 2006

Macross Homage Challenge

So I was lounging with a couple of friends bout a week ago. We were coming up with crazy ideas for an extremely over the top Flash animation project based on the Japanese Giant Robot genre. So, I did this sketch of the chibi guy in the Macross Flightsuit in sharpy on an index card( I do love Macross/Robotech). So, my buddy Steve takes a look and makes the Macross Homage Challenge. And so it began...
We had a week to complete the challenge, but I procrastinate and did it this weekend. I like the sketchy first drawing. Overall not bad, but I would have liked to be looser and more stylized and with more action. Ah well, better luck next time.
I still like the little sketch on the index card.


2 comments:

Steve Rynders said...

I humbly bow before your inking skills.

Anonymous said...

The little sketch rocks, You should do a ton of them of different little characters and then have them printed on trading cards. No text, no background, just a sketch. I'd try collecting them all.