Sunday, August 27, 2006

Oni

Character design for an Oni. An oni is a monster from Japanese myth, but I wanted to use them as a race of beings for my Myth Project. In process, I started with the naked drawing to get the anatomy, body shape, and position. Then I traced the figure and added clothing. Then I inked the figure. I just really like the idea of a rather large beast man with a horn. Of course, thinking about the Oni as a race of beings is great fun. Where do they live, what do they eat, what do they do for fun are all interesting questions to think about. Creating backstory to a character is part of the fun of drawing. Until next time...



2 comments:

Steve Rynders said...

holy cow your inking is getting RAD. I can totally see this comic coming together.

Raynard Castillo said...

inspiring mr hodges, utterly inspiring. :)