Saturday, January 15, 2011

Untitled Project MPP1 Sketch 4



She is ready, she is not perfect and there are still some tweeks to her look. But I will iron out the kinks and find her true character in telling her story. All of my expectations on her overall look is complete, she is exotic, human but also otherworldly in look.
So then I moved to watercolor test to finish off her look with color tests. I like some samples more than others as I try different colors. My biggest mistake was that I wanted her hair to be jet black, so I tried using ink for her hair. That did not work for me, just alittle too black, so I will try different colors for her hair in the telling of her story.


Some rules and guidelines for this project.
Paint faster
work on watercolor technique
try various watercolor paper

The reason for this project I went to the 2010 ComicCon and realized I wanted to do a sketchbook. But I want to do a loose visual storybook.
This is to help me work on my watercolor painting skills. I would like to try some different things on this project. I hope to have it done by San Diego ComicCon 2011 but lets just see how it goes.

Trey

No comments: