Sunday, January 18, 2009

Making of Willis Henry Comic Part 1: The Script




Making Of Willis Henry Part 1: The Script

To share my process of how I started the Willis Henry comic is with the script. First I began by writing the Header(between the blue marks), which was just the idea or impression of what I wanted to happen. I then outlined the whole story just with Headers.

Once I had some idea about the whole story, even if just an early impression. I went back to the beginning and started to flesh out the story(next to the red stars), using the header as a guide. It was in fleshing out the story that I tried to move swiftly and not edit myself and just let the ideas, details, and story flow out.(I ignored the spellcheck and other mistakes)

I didn't worry about the mistakes because, I found that if I tried to write for perfection at such an early stage I would often forget some really good ideas for what I wanted next, and I became more rigid and started frustrating myself.

I was writing it for myself, it is not in any professional format. So I tried to relax and just write loose and comfortable. Concentrating only on what I wanted the story to be. Also this looseness was helpful in getting as many good ideas, plot points and story development onto the page. But it helped most of all to get rid of my fear of writing a comic (I have never attempted making a comic before).

So this is my process of starting the Willis Henry comic.


Trey

No comments: