Monday, July 24, 2006

Sasuke fanart, and everything inbetween

Hello again everyone. Well, I guess my summer travel is over and boy am I tired, but happy. Visiting Tokyo Japan, seeing the Redwood forests of northern California, and of course the artist heaven of the San Diego Comic Convention were all delightful. Looking back on the memories of the summer so far, I feel blessed to have such great friends and wonderful experiences.

Anyway for the pic. I did some fanart of Sasuke from the Japanese manga comic Naruto by Masashi Kishimoto. Sasuke is my favorite although there are many likable characters. I did the drawing of Sasuke with wings because in the manga the character says he is an avenging angel. I wanted to show this and give a hint that he is being pulled in two different directions; one side good, the other side evil. The three images show my process, first starting with a rough sketch, then I tweek and clean up the drawing, and finally add ink. On the inking, I used Koh-I-Noor Rapidograph Pens, which is why the inking is cleaner and tighter, with less variation in line weight, than when I use my crow quill pen and nibs. I did the bold black fill with two coats of ink done with a brush. Take Care until next time.



No comments: